Tuesday 12 December 2017

More Recent Observations



There seems to be a new Christmas phenomenon these days.  Every Christmas movie it seems must have as its central character a thirty something very attractive woman who is very successful but has a screwed up love life that can only be fixed at Christmas.
*
Mr. Trump has once again inflamed the world by declaring that the US will move its embassy to Israel to Jerusalem.  He reminds me of a kid with a box of matches who goes around lighting the matches and throwing them at people and things to see if he can start a fire.
*
Jerusalem.  Poor Jerusalem!  Jerusalem is a city that has special meaning for three of the world’s most significant religions.  It is the ancient capital of Israel and home to THE Temple, now only remembered by the west or Wailing Wall.  It is the place where Jesus came to great acclaim, but where he was condemned to die and was crucified.  And it is the place where Mohamed came one night to what became known as the Dome of the Rock.  Throughout its history for the last thousand years it has known the most peace and accommodation when it was rules by Muslims.  But now it is a place of turmoil and division.  In my opinion the only way that Jerusalem could see peace is if it becomes an international city under a United Nations flag, open and welcoming to all.
*
"Our focus every game is to hit the quarterback as hard as we can and make him uncomfortable," defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said. "I think we did a pretty good job of it."  Is it any wonder that so many quarterbacks get injured? I’m afraid that one of them is going to get really seriously hurt one of these days.
*
Don’t you just love cling wrap for storing food.  It becomes particularly useful for Christmas left-overs.  It is almost like Saran-dipity.
*
A study that was reported in the news the other day stated that humans may have reached their peak of physical prowess.  It reminded me of another assertion, ‘The sum of the intelligence of the planet is a constant.  The population is growing.’  It would certainly account for some of the things that have been going on in the world.
*
I apologize for any puns or bad jokes in this piece.  No, on second thought I don’t apologize, I like what I wrote.

You may see fewer blog entries from me in the next few weeks.  There’s work to do for Christmas (anybody got any suggestions what I could get my wife?).  I addition, I am embarking on writing some short stories, some of which you may see in this blog site in the future.  Until then, Denee and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (or Hogmanay to the blessed).

1 comment: